May 19, 2017
Guess he's staying near law enforcement. Good. This is one tough hombre! One day he'll be running the Department, I hope.
Sheriff Clarke says he is taking Homeland Security post.
Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke said in an interview Wednesday that he has taken a job as an assistant secretary in the Department of Homeland Security.
May 18, 2017
A quick point to ponder; with an endless drumbeat of innuendo and claims of scandal, the politics of personal destruction seem destined to bring down the Trump Administration, or so many in the rickety-kneed GOP seem to believe. But one must ask, why do we assume that this is the end for Trump? Let me take everyone on a stroll down memory lane:
Bill Clinton was one of the most scandal ridden Presidents in history. He was investigated for
2. the firing and subsequent bogus prosecution of the White House Travel Office.
3. The, uh, disturbing death of Vince Foster (who apparently shot himself in the head with his non-dominant hand and then dragged himself a ways with his head bleeding out.)
4. Kathleen Willey's accusations against Clinton of groping her.
5. Juanita Broderick's very credible assertion that Clinton forcibly raped her (Hey, you better put some ice on that!")
6. Eileen Wellstone alleged she was sexually assaulted by Clinton at an Oxford pub when he was 23. in fact, there have been repeated accusations of sexual assault against Bill over the years, starting when he was NOT famous.
7. Credible accusations of drug use by Bill, including his "I smoked a joint but did not inhale" claim and his brother Roger, who described Bill's drug habit "he has a nose like a vaccuum cleaner."
8. Bill Clinton used the IRS to audit political rivals and conservative opposition. The Heritage Foundation, the National Rifle Association, Concerned Women of America, Citizens Against Government Waste, National Review, American Spectator (which was burglarized three times), the National Center for Public Policy Research, the American Policy Center, American Cause, Citizens for Honest Government, Progress and Freedom Foundation, David Horowitz’s Center for the Study of Popular Culture and the Western Journalism Center were all audited. See here.
9. Over 900 raw F.B.I. files wound up in the possession of a shady private investigator in the employ of the Clintons, and despite demands by Congress the Administration kept them for several years.They were clearly intended for blackmail.
10. Clinton, after receiving campaign funds, allowed classified American technology to be sold to the Chinese. A waiver was issued to Loral Aerospace so the firm could help china launch satellites - thus giving them the knowledge to make ICBM's which could strike the U.S.
11. Hillary's Rose Law Firm billing records went AWOL after being subpeonaed and turned up in the trunk of a car in a junkyard in Arkansas.
12. Clinton pardoned people who donated money to him.
13. Bill, not wanting to pay a settlement to Paula Jones, attempted to rig the trial by subborning perjury and obstructing justice. He would be impeached for this but not convicted. Later he would be found guilty by a judge he himself had appointed and given a slap on the rist - a fine and a five year suspension on his law licence.
14. When he left, Clinton stole furniture and china. His staff vandalized the offices, including removing the W's from keypads and whatnot.
15. Clinton signed the Executive Order creating the Escalante Grand Staircase National Park - on land containing some of the best low sulfur coal in America. He had received illegal donations from James Riady, who happened to own the world's other main source of such coal and would LOVE to make Americas off limits.
16. Bill Clinton had ties to Don Lassiter, the Don of the Dixie Mafia.
17. There was a strange number of deaths surrounding Clinton. See here and here.
These are just fifteen off the top of my head, and no doubt I have forgotten many. This is only counting the scandals of the Clinton Administration and not the many scandals since.
The point is, Clinton survived them easily and his wife was a hairsbreath from becoming President of the United States despite a whole new crop of scandals. Why are Republicans so terrified of these non-scandals that the fake media are promoting against Trump?
Republicans need to grow a spine, or some other, more peripheral body organs.
Here is a fascinating tidbit about the black ops being run on President trump and their leakage from the Washington Post. Turns out that Amazon chief Jeff Bezos also owns WaPo - and won the contract to build the mega cloud storage system for the u.S. intelligence community. What does htat mean? it means he probably has access to our intel.
From Conservative HQ:
"As Richard Pollock, writing for The Daily Caller News Foundation recently explained, former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper’s creation of a cloud-computing platform in 2013 made it far easier for officials to access raw intelligence information."
Bezos is a huge Liberal who has donated vast sums of money to Obama and Clinton. He now has raw intelligence data to use against the President and anyone else he may need to blackmail. And don't tell me Bezos doesn't have access; it is customary for computer people to leave backdoors in for their own access, and even if they did not Bezos has made contacts with people who have easier access to this data. In other words, the real hack was not of the election by the Russians but of the United States by Amazon.
The article continues:
"According to Richard Pollock’s reporting the number of American citizen "targets” since Clapper’s system began in 2013 has surged from 89,000 to 106,000 in 2016, a 19 percent increase according to a 2016 report from the former DNI’s office.
Similarly, the number of intelligence community employees who share information now exceeds 50,000, compared to only 9,000 in 2014, according to Kendrea DeLauter, IC Desktop Environment Joint Program Manager at the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
An unknown number of these 50,000 individuals are now actively betraying their country by feeding classified information to outsiders, include President Trump’s political opponents in the media and anti-Trump networks.
Setting aside the perfectly rational concern about the same company that owns The Washington Post, a news outlet that breaks a lot of intelligence-related news, actually holding the keys to America’s national intelligence database."
A cadre of individuals have the power to leak classified information if they wish, and strangely we have been treated to an endless paradeof unsourced leaks. Coincidence?
"When one begins to analyze how these stories begin and propagate it is clear that, as The Washington Post put it, "current and former U.S. officials” in the intelligence agencies are engaged in what amounts to a seditious conspiracy to cripple and eventually bring down President Trump.
Through the reporting of our friend Adam Kredo, it has been known, at least since early February, that Obama’s former Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes leads a small group of former Obama staffers and loyalists have conducted a months-long campaign to handicap President Donald Trump’s national security apparatus."
We are witnessing something astonishing; a coup in plain sight by the intelligence community and the media. They aren't really even trying to hide it! There is active, open treason occuring here. Frankly, if this succeeds we will have an open civil war because half of this country wanted Donald J. Trump to be President. This isn't hte Nixon era; many Americans rightly understand the United States is in the process of dissolution as we speak. Trump was a Hail Mary pass. If the Deep State and the Establishment succeed in destroying this President they will forever alienate the people in the middle.
And that is no small thing, which is why the Democrats are pushing so hard; they know that if they can bring down Trump his successor (Mike Pence) will be an impotent and largley symbolic President. HE won't dare try to shake things up! Pence is a good man but weak, and he will never have the courage that Trump has. What's more, the threat will be obvious to Pence, who is no fool. Meanwhile, the GOP will take it in the shorts for this. It is the lifeline the Democrats desperately need, as they now realize they are seriously in the minority in America. They have been peddling socialism for some time now and the majority of Americans don't want it, so they have to tarnish the GOP to the point where nobody will ever vote Republican again. All they need is a few more years to complete the job of "remaking America" and they know it. If the Republicans allow this to happen they are bigger fools than even I believed.
We are facing political armageddon. This attempted coup truly represents the fall of the American Republic. History will weep.
"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."
"Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him."
"Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."
the attacks on Donald Trump are reaching a crescendo, and one must consider what this all means. Despite calls by the Democrats and the media (but I reiterate) for both impeachment and removal from office via the 25th Amendment (and, if they could, execution by the most painful and disgusting manner possible), nobody has presented anything with any substance whatsoever. The big thing now is this Comey memo, which was only read over the phone to the Washington Post and which, even if it was written by Comey prior to his dismissal from office, not only fails to prove any actual obstruction of justice (Obama publicly gave his opinion that Hillary's case should be dropped in order to obstruct justice in just this way, and Bill Clinton sent attack dog James Carville out to hump the leg of Special Prosecutor Ken Starr in what was clearly an attempt to stop Starr or at least hinder him) but in fact exonerates Trump for firing Comey, who had a duty to take this "obstruction of justice" to Congress but failed to do so. Why? Either he knew it was NOT obstruction or he wanted to keep it as a weapon to blackmail the President. Either way it proves Comey was corrupt and incompetent.
THAT is the best they have. The whole "Trump leaked classified information" indignity of the last week is largely forgotten, as it never had any substance - and they knew it. Hillary actually DID leak classified information, and we were told it was unintentional so she was not culpable. How can the Demo/media complex make it stick against Trump? And the Russian angle is played out.
So why are they flipping their wigs now?
Well, first off, people seem to have forgotten the calls to impeach George W. Bush. The Democrats hated Bush too, and they called him Hitler and whatnot. Of course, Bush's technique to deal with it was to lay there like a slug and to give them three quarters of what they wanted. But Trump is cut from different cloth, and he is unwilling to just roll over.
But one must ask if there is strategy involved here. I would argue yes.
Either the Democrats think they can win this thing now and force Trump from office, or they believe that he is about to steamroll them and they are desperately counter-attacking. In many wars the side losing will launch an all-out assault in a desperate effort to break free of the boot on their necks. It often fails (the German attack at the Bulge) but it sometimes succeeds (the Tet Offensive succeeded beyond the wildest dreams of North Vietnam, according to several of their generals, as they were routed by Walter Cronkite proclaimed "the War is lost" and America began pulling out. Of course, Tet was a disaster for North Vietnam and the VC; they lost 32,204 confirmed killed, and 5,803 captured, while the U.S. lost barely over a thousand and North Vietnam 2,819.) Is this desperate assault on all fronts a Bulge or Tet? I would argue it is.
I believe they have looked at the numbers and realize that the public is going to turn against them if Trump succeeds. It's do or die.
Which means that only one side will be left standing after this. Now, Trump has a mighty coalition arrayed against him. He wrestles with not just the Democrats but the universal hatred from the media, as well as the Republican Establishment. Look at John McCain, who cannot put his pettiness aside for the good of the Party or the country, and who is quick to join the Democrats in calls for investigations and whatnot. Qweeg McCain has always been like this, as has his mini-me Lindsay Graham (that cracker) but a lot of other skittish ponies in the RINO class are ready to jump ship in the hopes of being eaten last. What they fail to understand is that They are, like the U.S. after Tet, poised for victory.
Oh, I know; the RCP average of polls shows Trump in the sub basement. Karl Rove, speaking on Mike Gallagher's radio show yesterday, made that very point. So? Those polls were dead wrong when they predicted Hillary would win and the RCP is worse than many because it averages fake news media polls along with real ones. This business of polls being central to everything we do was proven a failure under Bush Jr. and Hillary was bitten by it. The only polls that should matter are the ones at the ballot box. Oh, and why listen to Karl Rove, who cost the GOP the Senate, the House, and ultimately the Presidency? Rove has been nothing but wrong his whole career.
At any rate, I believe this thing is reaching a head. Whichever way it turns, I fear we may have violence. Frankly, to directly overturn the will of the People as they are attempting to do is unquestionably an act of violence in itself.
In short, this is an attempted coup.
One need only look at the viciousness of the Demo0/media complex to see that a sea change is occurring to the Left in this country too. They were not really loyal opposition when out of power but they grudgingly accepted it. No longer. They are moving from political gangsterism into becoming monsters, the same sort of behavior we have witnessed on the Left when they are close to power. Lennon, Stalin, Che Guevera, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot, and now the modern American Left. And like the monsters of these earlier ages the Left will eventually try to implement the same policies of liquidation. Remember, Obama's buddy in Chicago was William Ayers who once said that 25 MILLION Americans would have to be eliminated if they would not accept "re-education". Ayers was once well outside the mainstream of liberal thought, but today he is the core of the Democrat Party.
They still mean to do this, folks! They had hoped to simply breed us out by bringing in endless swarms of immigrants, but since we have been bucking them on this, they may have to fall back on the good, old, reliable Death Camp.
Ridiculous, you say? I would hope so, but the people who have been running the very top of the democrat Party have been extreme radicals; Barack Obama's administration had such hard liners as Cass Sunstein, Van Jones (an avowed communist and now media guest), Valerie Jarrett, Carol Browner, Ron Bloom, Kevin Jennings, John Holdren, David Axelrod, etc. The Democrats even had an avowed socialist run for President and give Her Highness Hillary a run for her money. If one compares the platform of the Democrats of today with the CPUSA there is little difference. And, as happened in the past, the same end result will be achieved.
"And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
As Jo Nova has said umpteen times - FOLLOW THE MONEY!
Here's another "sustainability" website which has more of this economy-destroying stuff. Only problem is - this kleptomania is UNSUSTAINABLE once all the real i.e. productive jobs have been destroyed:
If we ever needed any more evidence that Climate Change is a hoax, this news item of 8 May 2017 shown below from theInvestor Group on Climate Change is a clincher. It shows how major financial institutions are promoting Climate Change policies for financial gain ostensibly to save the world from Climate Change disaster.
It gives prima facie evidence of the truth of the statement by Ottman Edenhofer, Co-chair of the IPCC's Working Group III, and a lead author of the IPCC's Fourth Assessment Report of 2007, who said in 2010:
"But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy. Obviously, the owners of coal and oil will not be enthusiastic about this. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole.”
Those politicians who are pushing expensive Climate Change policies onto us to supposedly to save the world are either avariciously self-centred, gullible or outright stupid. Perhaps they are all of these.
We should all be protesting to our local Members of Parliament.
Snowflake Professor Resigns Over Campus Carry
A University of Kansas associate professor from the departments of History and of American Studies recently resigned citing concerns over campus carry in Kansas, which becomes effective July 1. Professor Jacob Dornan states in his resignation letter that "Kansas can have great universities, or it can have concealed carry in classrooms, but it cannot have both.”
He blathers on: "In practical terms, concealed carry has proved to be a failure. Campus shootings have become all too frequent, and arming students has done nothing to quell active shooter situations because students do not have the training to effectively combat shooters and rightly fear becoming identified as a suspect themselves.”
Excuse me, Mr. Professor, are you aware that according to a Crime Prevention Research Center report, 98.4% of mass public shootings occur in gun-free zones?
It appears that Nikki Haley understands Jewish History better than Mr. Kushner and Ivanka.
UN Ambassador Nikki Haley is stepping outside of the White House position on the Western Wall, telling the Christian Broadcasting Network the holy site is in Israel. Further, she reiterated the need to move the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
"I don’t know what the policy of the administration is, but I believe the Western Wall is part of Israel and I think that that is how we’ve always seen it and that’s how we should pursue it," Haley said. "We’ve always thought the Western Wall was part of Israel.”
"Obviously I believe that the capital should be Jerusalem and the embassy should be moved to Jerusalem because if you look at all their government is in Jerusalem. So much of what goes on is in Jerusalem and I think we have to see that for what it is,” she continued.
Dear Mr. McDermott,
In your PD story of this morning, entitled, "Confederate Memorial Must Go, Krewson Says" you left little doubt as to where your own sympathies lie. It is a complex and emotional issue, although few on the Left will admit that this is not as simple as it may appear.
In any event, your fifth paragraph skews the argument and exposes your own bias. You state, "Critics of Confederate statues in New Orleans and other Southern cities have argued that such monuments shouldn't be displayed...because of their connection to slavery and white supremacy." You go on to state, "Opponents of their removal, including white supremacists, alt-right activists, and some Republican politicians , argue the movement amounts to a purge of a major aspect of American history."
I did not notice any mention, in the paragraph that among the critics of these statues you will find Black Lives Matter activists, politically correct liberal gadflies, and preening Democratic politicians (like Mayor Krewson). Why did you see fit to dismiss the opponents of the statue removal as "...white supremacists, alt-right activists, and some Republican politicians", while attaching no negative modifiers to the groups who push the PD agenda.
Are all of the opponents of removal of the Confederate monument closet Klansmen, secessionists, and racists? That is a serious charge coming from a newspaper that decries the loss of "civility" in our public discourse.
May 17, 2017
Rob Schneider was right. We haven't seen Democrats this mad since we freed their slaves.
In 2008, Hillary Clinton, while campaigning in Las Vegas, said that there were "no illegals."
But Trump disagrees with that - and has gotten some results...read this quote from Amer. Thinker:
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials couldn’t immediately say how many people have been deported because of the changes, butSomalia has taken back 259 just seven months into the fiscal year. That is far more than the 198 it took back in all of 2016 and the 17 it took in 2015.
Read the whole article at http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/05/more_countries_taking_back_us_deportees.html
Well, well. Interim FBI Director -- or should I say Acting FBI Director -- Andrew McCabe is the husband of
"Jill McCabe, who took $467,500 from Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe’s political action committee during her run for Virginia state Senate.
"She also received $207,788 from the Virginia Democratic Party, which is heavily influenced by Clinton loyalist McAuliffe.
"The funds began flowing to Jill McCabe two months after the FBI launched its investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server in July 2015."
In other words, she has "a cozy relationship to Hillary Clinton operatives."
The New York Post article quotes former top FBI official James Kallstrom, who goes on to say:
The funds began flowing to Jill McCabe two months after the FBI launched its investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server in July 2015.
At that time, Andrew McCabe was promoted from running the bureau’s Washington field office to the No. 3 position at the FBI. She [Hillary] eventually lost to her GOP opponent.
"And Comey lets all this pass. He doesn’t do a thing about it. It’s an outrage,” Kallstrom said. "Today’s he’s the acting director and I hope in two or three days he’s no longer the acting director because he has no judgment. And it just shows that Comey has no common sense.”
Kallstrom also said Trump was right in dumping the former director.
"He had to go. And I am glad he went. And I think the president did exactly what he should do,” Kallstrom said.
He said Comey did a number of "foolish things,” but the worst was announcing last July that while Hillary Clinton was "extremely careless” in her handling of classified information, she did not intend to violate the law and shouldn’t be charged criminally.
There's a lot more in the article.
A NOTE FROM JACK KEMP:
Yes, I saw some of this article. All I can say is that a lot of other people will have to rattle Trump's cage to do more of the right and smart thing. He can't take his voters for granted and get reelected - or accomplish that much in this four year term.
As Darrell Royal said about his U. of Texas team at a Cotton Bowl game decades ago, when asked if he would change his team's offense because of his opponent, Notre Dame: You dance with who brung ya" (we'll use the same methods that got us to this championship game).
"Stick with me baby, I'm the guy that you came in with" - from the song "Luck Be a Lady" in the musical "Guys and Dolls." Dana and maybe Fay already knew the source of this line.
A NOTE FROM DANA:
Yep. Sticking with the football analogy, you'll remember that "conventional wisdom" used to say that in the Super Bowl you have to start by establishing the ground game. You might also remember that when the Steelers would face off against the Cowboys, Terry Bradshaw would start by throwing the football, multiple times -- and ending up skunking the Cowboys.
May 16, 2017
Rush Limbaugh just mentioned this site. The company is in San Francisco. Personally, I haven't married me - I'm just good friends. 8-)
You Are Reason To Celebrate
A roadmap to positivity, our I Married Me kit has all you need to create your own ceremony, including a self-wedding ring, vows and daily affirmation cards.
A self-wedding is a symbolic ceremony–about reconnecting and staying connected with you. Wear the ring to remind you every day to LOVE YOURSELF.
Did you know that micro-moments of positivity add up, creating an upward spiral? Positive mental states can also be enhanced by affirmations and even reshape us over time. A daily practice can help you focus on the good and give you resources when life is tough.
You can be single or in a relationship. You can already be married. Have a ceremony for yourself, with a besty, for your entire wedding party or for a special occasion. Life is short, do stuff that matters.
A NOTE FROM TIM:
I wouldn't want to marry myself; if it didn't work out I couldn't afford the alimony.
She can pitch, but she can't catch very well. This is fun. . .
Destroys Planned Parenthood president with single tweet. Yeah!
May 15, 2017
This is what Mr. Obama left us with by letting "her" out of the slammer early! And you and I are paying "her" wages.
Chelsea Manning to remain in Army, receive health care benefits after prison release.
Chelsea Manning will remain on active duty following her release from military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas on May 17, the U.S. Army said Sunday.
The article eventually gets around to identifying her as a (gasp!) Democrat. What a surprise.
Global Warmists dismiss those of us who remember the "Global Cooling" panic of the 1970's as silly. They claim there was just one artiice - a Newsweek story, and that was it. They are dead wrong.
Take a look at this, courtesy of Helen Dyer
1845 – The whole of Sir John Franklin’s expedition to find the NW Passage died and their ships were crushed by the ice near Baffin Island
1909-1910 – Amundsen sailed an ice free NW Passage
1922 – The Arctic is warming and fishermen are catching species that have never been seen there before. Yawn
1970 – Kenneth Field "The world is cooling and global temperatures could drop by up to 11C that would freeze the North Atlantic for 4- months of the year within 20-years …”
1970 – Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age – Scientists See Ice Age In the Future<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost_historical/access/157892192.html?dids=157892192:157892192&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=JAN+11%2C+1970&author=Washington+Post+Staff+WriterBy+David+R.+Boldt&pub=The+Washington+Post&desc=Colder+Winters+Held+Dawn+of+New+Ice+Age&pqatl=google> (The Washington Post, January 11, 1970)
1970 – Is Mankind Manufacturing a New Ice Age for Itself?<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/659824322.html?dids=659824322:659824322&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Jan+15%2C+1970&author=IRVING+S+BENGELSDORF&pub=Los+Angeles+Times&desc=Is+Mankind+Manufacturing+a+New+Ice+Age+for+Itself%3F&pqatl=google> (L.A. Times, January 15, 1970)
1970 – New Ice Age May Descend On Man<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QIQiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4akFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1453,2230019> (Sumter Daily Item, January 26, 1970)
1970 – Pollution Prospect A Chilling One<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=jjgiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9KsFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1371,2354081> (Owosso Argus-Press, January 26, 1970)
1970 – Pollution’s 2-way ‘Freeze’ On Society<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=dZNBAAAAIBAJ&sjid=lqkMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6140,1353948> (Middlesboro Daily News, January 28, 1970)
1970 – Cold Facts About Pollution<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=j2gfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=5dQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1789,2556510> (The Southeast Missourian, January 29, 1970)
1970 – Pollution Could Cause Ice Age, Agency Reports<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=qvcNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=_3sDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5498,3270345> (St. Petersburg Times, March 4, 1970)
1970 – Pollution Called Ice Age Threat<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=h_0NAAAAIBAJ&sjid=I3wDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3656,4469550> (St. Petersburg Times, June 26, 1970)
1970 – Dirt Will .Bring New Ice Age<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=oKspAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AOUDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3323,8047767> (The Sydney Morning Herald, October 19, 1970)
1971 – Ice Age Refugee Dies Underground<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=u64tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=iKAFAAAAIBAJ&pg=939,4211115> (The Montreal Gazette, Febuary 17, 1971)
1971 – U.S. Scientist Sees New Ice Age Coming<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost_historical/access/144703752.html?dids=144703752:144703752&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&fmac=&date=Jul+9,+1971&author=By+Victor+CohnWashington+Post+Staff+Writer&desc=U.S.+Scientist+Sees+New+Ice+Age+Coming> (The Washington Post, July 9, 1971)
1971 – Ice Age Around the Corner<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/access/597301342.html?dids=597301342:597301342&FMT=CITE&FMTS=CITE:AI&type=historic&date=Jul+10%2C+1971&author=&pub=Chicago+Tribune&desc=Ice+Age+Around+the+Corner&pqatl=google> (Chicago Tribune, July 10, 1971)
1971 – New Ice Age Coming – It’s Already Getting Colder<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/685244192.html?dids=685244192:685244192&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Oct+24%2C+1971&author=GEORGE+GETZE&pub=Los+Angeles+Times&desc=New+Ice+Age+Coming---It%27s+Already+Getting+Colder&pqatl=google> (L.A. Times, October 24, 1971)
1971 – Another Ice Age? Pollution Blocking Sunlight<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0_cgAAAAIBAJ&sjid=lnMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=806,54617> (The Day, November 1, 1971)
1971 – Air Pollution Could Bring An Ice Age<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=zoFBAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WakMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3457,2979744> (Harlan Daily Enterprise, November 4, 1971)
1972 – Air pollution may cause ice age<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=xSIRAAAAIBAJ&sjid=5YoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3070,3629889> (Free-Lance Star, February 3, 1972)
1972 – Scientist Says New ice Age Coming (The Ledger, February 13, 1972)
1972 – Scientist predicts new ice age<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=MnMQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=R4sDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2204,1181394> (Free-Lance Star, September 11, 1972)
1972 – British expert on Climate Change says Says New Ice Age Creeping Over Northern Hemisphere<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ASRHAAAAIBAJ&sjid=u_MMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1081,1308250> (Lewiston Evening Journal, September 11, 1972)
1972 – Climate Seen Cooling For Return Of Ice Age<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=DclQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WNAMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1765,1073786> (Portsmouth Times, September 11, 1972)
1972 – New Ice Age Slipping Over North<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=1oxLAAAAIBAJ&sjid=EyQNAAAAIBAJ&pg=7074,2222741> (Press-Courier, September 11, 1972)
1972 – Ice Age Begins A New Assault In North<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=g-YPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1pADAAAAIBAJ&pg=5612,2539402> (The Age, September 12, 1972)
1972 – Weather To Get Colder<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=GYs0AAAAIBAJ&sjid=fqEFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3996,3163543> (Montreal Gazette, September 12, 1972)
1972 – British climate expert predicts new Ice Age<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/csmonitor_historic/access/264940572.html?dids=264940572:264940572&FMT=CITE&FMTS=CITE:AI&date=Sep+23%2C+1972&author=&pub=Christian+Science+Monitor&desc=British+climate+expert+predicts+new+Ice+Age&pqatl=google> (The Christian Science Monitor, September 23, 1972)
1972 – Scientist Sees Chilling Signs of New Ice Age<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/684637452.html?dids=684637452:684637452&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Sep+24%2C+1972&author=&pub=Los+Angeles+Times&desc=Scientist+Sees+Chilling+Signs+of+New+Ice+Age&pqatl=google> (L.A. Times, September 24, 1972)
1972 – Science: Another Ice Age?<http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,910467,00.html> (Time Magazine, November 13, 1972)
1973 – The Ice Age Cometh<http://www.unz.org/Pub/SaturdayRev-1973mar24-00029> (The Saturday Review, March 24, 1973)
1973 – Weather-watchers think another ice age may be on the way<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/csmonitor_historic/access/265591482.html?dids=265591482:265591482&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Dec+11%2C+1973&author=By+David+F.+Salisbury+Staff+correspondent+of+The+Christian+Science+Monitor&pub=Christian+Science+Monitor&desc=Weather-watchers+think+another+ice+age+may+be+on+the+way--sometime&pqatl=google> (The Christian Science Monitor, December 11, 1973)[image001.jpg]<http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/thebigfreeze.jpg>
1974 – New evidence indicates ice age here<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=SGYRAAAAIBAJ&sjid=OeADAAAAIBAJ&pg=6529,7703615&dq=allintitle:+ice+age&hl=en> (Eugene Register-Guard, May 29, 1974)
1974 – Another Ice Age?<http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914,00.html> (Time Magazine, June 24, 1974)
1974 – 2 Scientists Think ‘Little’ Ice Age Near<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/courant/access/964208132.html?dids=964208132:964208132&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Aug+11%2C+1974&author=&pub=The+Hartford+Courant&desc=2+Scientists+Think+%27Little%27+Ice+Age+Near&pqatl=google> (The Hartford Courant, August 11, 1974)
1974 – Ice Age, worse food crisis seen<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/access/611645872.html?dids=611645872:611645872&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Oct+30%2C+1974&author=Ronald+Yates&pub=Chicago+Tribune&desc=Ice+Age%2C+worse+food+crisis+seen&pqatl=google> (The Chicago Tribune, October 30, 1974)
1974 – Believes Pollution Could Bring On Ice Age<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=KkMKAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Q0oDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3031,5319949> (Ludington Daily News, December 4, 1974)
1974 – Pollution Could Spur Ice Age, Nasa Says<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=gPsqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=OdoFAAAAIBAJ&pg=886,546896> (Beaver Country Times, December 4, 1974)
1974 – Air Pollution May Trigger Ice Age, Scientists Feel<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ZaQrAAAAIBAJ&sjid=uPwFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5191,1022557> (The Telegraph, December 5, 1974)
1974 – More Air Pollution Could Trigger Ice Age Disaster<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=kfhDAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NLAMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2502,4753810> (Daily Sentinel – December 5, 1974)
1974 – Scientists Fear Smog Could Cause Ice Age<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=KWwjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=BikEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1719,4372546> (Milwaukee Journal, December 5, 1974)
1975 – Climate Changes Called Ominous<http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9505E0D9143AE034BC4152DFB766838E669EDE> (The New York Times, January 19, 1975)
1975 – Climate Change: Chilling Possibilities<http://www.sciencenews.org/view/access/id/37739/file/SN1975_Climate_change_chilling_possibilities.pdf> (Science News, March 1, 1975)
1975 – B-r-r-r-r: New Ice Age on way soon?<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/access/611341812.html?dids=611341812:611341812&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Mar+02%2C+1975&author=&pub=Chicago+Tribune&desc=B-r-r-r-r%3A+New+Ice+Age+on+way+soon%3F&pqatl=google> (The Chicago Tribune, March 2, 1975)
1975 – Cooling Trends Arouse Fear That New Ice Age Coming<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=R7ITAAAAIBAJ&sjid=mNkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6865,188682> (Eugene Register-Guard, March 2, 1975)
1975 – Is Another Ice Age Due? Arctic Ice Expands In Last Decade<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QAFJAAAAIBAJ&sjid=5oIMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1282,407671> (Youngstown Vindicator – March 2, 1975)
1975 – Is Earth Headed For Another Ice Age?<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Fw5XAAAAIBAJ&sjid=H0MNAAAAIBAJ&pg=4054,763443> (Reading Eagle, March 2, 1975)
1975 – New Ice Age Dawning? Significant Shift In Climate Seen<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=UxQsAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ncgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1023,74977> (Times Daily, March 2, 1975)
1975 – There’s Troublesome Weather Ahead<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=_nchAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ZogFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2882,74458> (Tri City Herald, March 2, 1975)
1975 – Is Earth Doomed To Live Through Another Ice Age?<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=XOI_AAAAIBAJ&sjid=MVgMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3973,252553> (The Robesonian, March 3, 1975)
1975 – The Ice Age cometh: the system that controls our climate<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/access/611566792.html?dids=611566792:611566792&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Apr+13%2C+1975&author=Joel+Shurkin&pub=Chicago+Tribune&desc=The+Ice+Age+cometh%3A+the+system+that+controls+our+climate&pqatl=google> (The Chicago Tribune, April 13, 1975)
1975 – The Cooling World<http://denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm> (Newsweek, April 28, 1975)
1975 – Scientists Ask Why World Climate Is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead<http://www.wmconnolley.org.uk/sci/iceage/ny-times-1975-05-21.pdf> (PDF) (The New York Times, May 21, 1975)
1975 – In the Grip of a New Ice Age? (International Wildlife, July-August, 1975)
1975 – Oil Spill Could Cause New Ice Age<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ttsjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GSkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7083,335688> (Milwaukee Journal, December 11, 1975)
1976 – The Cooling: Has the Next Ice Age Already Begun? [Book]<http://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Has-Next-Already-Begun/dp/013172312X> (Lowell Ponte, 1976)
1977 – Blizzard – What Happens if it Doesn’t Stop? [Book]<http://www.amazon.com/Blizzard-What-Happens-If-Doesnt-Stop/dp/B000HZJOTG> (George Stone, 1977)
1977 – The Weather Conspiracy: The Coming of the New Ice Age [Book]<http://books.google.com/books?id=eThRAAAAMAAJ> (The Impact Team, 1977)
1976 – Worrisome CIA Report; Even U.S. Farms May be Hit by Cooling Trend (U.S. News & World Report, May 31, 1976)
1977 – The Big Freeze<http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,918620,00.html> (Time Magazine, January 31, 1977)
1977 – We Will Freeze in the Dark<http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F30610F6345F137B93C0A8178FD85F438785F9> (Capital Cities Communications Documentary, Host: Nancy Dickerson, April 12, 1977)
1978 – The New Ice Age [Book]<http://openlibrary.org/b/OL4717080M/new-ice-age> (Henry Gilfond, 1978)
1978 – Little Ice Age: Severe winters and cool summers ahead<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=s3FkAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4n0NAAAAIBAJ&pg=1060,4124296> (Calgary Herald, January 10, 1978)
1978 – Winters Will Get Colder, ‘we’re Entering Little Ice Age’<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=LwEQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=bI8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=3877,465994> (Ellensburg Daily Record, January 10, 1978)
1978 – Geologist Says Winters Getting Colder<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=mylCAAAAIBAJ&sjid=xaoMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6147,666578> (Middlesboro Daily News, January 16, 1978)
1978 – It’s Going To Get Colder<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=JOtYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=mowDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3555,2907200> (Boca Raton News, January 17, 1978)
1978 – Believe new ice age is coming<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=dEgLAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WlIDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2957,5904697> (The Bryan Times, March 31, 1978)
1978 – The Coming Ice Age<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0894213/> (In Search Of TV Show, Season 2, Episode 23, Host: Leonard Nimoy, May 1978)
1978 – An Ice Age Is Coming Weather Expert Fears<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=588VAAAAIBAJ&sjid=-REEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3017,3553525> (Milwaukee Sentinel, November 17, 1978)
1979 – A Choice of Catastrophes – The Disasters That Threaten Our World [Book]<http://openlibrary.org/books/OL4410494M/A_choice_of_catastrophes> (Isaac Asimov, 1979)
1979 – Get Ready to Freeze<http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=TP1jAAAAIBAJ&sjid=LvkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6686,3866860> (Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 12, 1979)
1979 – New ice age almost upon us?<http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/csmonitor_historic/access/187037982.html?dids=187037982:187037982&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Nov+14%2C+1979&author=By+Robert+C.+Cowen&pub=Christian+Science+Monitor&desc=New+ice+age+almost+upon+us%3F&pqatl=google> (The Christian Science Monitor, November 14, 1979)
* A couple of the news stories are duplicates in different papers with slightly different titles, this is intentional to show that these types of stories were not isolated to a certain regional paper.
And from the National Center for Atmospheric Research:
[ScreenHunter_86 Feb. 24 04.50]<http://stevengoddard.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/screenhunter_86-feb-24-04-50.jpg>
[ScreenHunter_89 Feb. 24 04.56]<http://stevengoddard.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/screenhunter_89-feb-24-04-56.jpg>
2009 – CLIMATEGATE EMAILS!!
2013 – Who can forget Prophessor Turney of Sydney and the Oz ‘Ship of Fools’ icebound after predicting no ice (makes one proud to be Australian, dun’it?) http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/30/the-antarctic-research-fiasco-would-you-could-you-in-a-boat/
2013 – In 2000, scientists at perhaps the world’s centre of global warming alarmism issued this prediction:
According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia, within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event”.
”Children just aren’t going to know what snow is<http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/i_dont_think_the_warmists_models_are_working/>,” he said.
It’s now 2013 - which surely must now qualify as "within a few years”.
On Friday, Moscow was on a verge of traffic collapse as more than 10 inches of snow fell on the city<http://rt.com/news/winter-snow-russia-weather-275/>,which is more than half of January’s average… In the Altai Republic in Western Siberia, 12 Russian settlements were isolated because of the snowstorm…
In the end of 2012, Russia saw extreme winter not witnessed since 1938. The coldest-ever December in Russia led to the evacuation of hundreds of people in Siberia, where temperatures fell below -50 degrees Celsius; Moscow also saw its coldest night ever for the season.
Snow is expected to blanket the UK for the next week, with no end to the freezing conditions in sight.
Snowfalls across western Europe have disrupted travel plans, with cancellations and closures at some major airports.
I really don’t think global warming is working out as the experts predicted.
2013 – Never let reality deceive you with .... well, reality
NOAA: 2185 cold records broken or tied in past week – 1913 Low Min Records Broken & 272 tied in 7 days<http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/02/28/noaa-2185-cold-records-broken-or-tied-in-past-week-1913-low-min-records-broken-272-tied-in-7-days/>
2015 NASA puts out an ‘Arthur & Martha’ prediction Cooling or Warming - it's your fault<http://iceagenow.info/complete-turn-around-now-nasa-says-burning-fossil-fuels-cools-planet/>
Subject: 120 Years Of Climate Scares And Progressive Scams...
120 years of climate scares – no kidding, people are stupid! And gullible…
By Thomas Lifson
Scientists seeking funding and journalists seeking an audience agree: panic sells.
"Global cooling is going to kills us all!” "No, wait: global warming is going to kill us all!”
All that’s missing is a back-and-forth of "You shut up!” "No, you shut up!” That is reserved for those who doubt the need for panic.
That’s the gist of an amazing chronology of the last 120 years of scare-mongering on climate, assembled by butnowyouknow.net<http://butnowyouknow.net/those-who-fail-to-learn-from-history/climate-change-timeline/> and reprinted by the estimable James Watt in Wattsupwiththat<http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/07/29/a-brief-history-of-climate-panic-and-crisis-both-warming-and-cooling/>, who updates it to the present. It is truly mind-boggling:
· 1895 - Geologists Think the World May Be Frozen Up Again – New York Times, February 1895<http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9F02E1D8163CE433A25757C2A9649C94649ED7CF>
· 1902 - "Disappearing Glaciers…deteriorating slowly, with a persistency that means their final annihilation…scientific fact…surely disappearing.” – Los Angeles Times
· 1912 - Prof. Schmidt Warns Us of an Encroaching Ice Age – New York Times, October 1912<http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9A04EED7113AE633A25754C0A9669D946396D6CF>
· 1923 - "Scientist says Arctic ice will wipe out Canada” – Professor Gregory of Yale University, American representative to the Pan-Pacific Science Congress, – Chicago Tribune
· 1923 - "The discoveries of changes in the sun’s heat and the southward advance of glaciers in recent years have given rise to conjectures of the possible advent of a new ice age” – Washington Post
· 1924 - MacMillan Reports Signs of New Ice Age – New York Times, Sept 18, 1924<http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=FA0C14FB3C5B12738DDDA10A94D1405B848EF1D3&scp=1&sq=%93MacMillan+Reports+Signs%22&st=p>
· 1929 - "Most geologists think the world is growing warmer, and that it will continue to get warmer” – Los Angeles Times, in Is another ice age coming?
· 1932 - "If these things be true, it is evident, therefore that we must be just teetering on an ice age” – The Atlantic magazine, This Cold, Cold World
· 1933 - America in Longest Warm Spell Since 1776; Temperature Line Records a 25-Year Rise – New York Times, March 27th, 1933<http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F00617FF3D5E1A7A93C5AB1788D85F478385F9&scp=1&sq=%22America+in+Longest+Warm+Spell+Since+1776%22&st=p>
· 1933 – "…wide-spread and persistent tendency toward warmer weather…Is our climate changing?” – Federal Weather Bureau "Monthly Weather Review.”
· 1938 - Global warming, caused by man heating the planet with carbon dioxide, "is likely to prove beneficial to mankind in several ways, besides the provision of heat and power.”– Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society
· 1938 - "Experts puzzle over 20 year mercury rise…Chicago is in the front rank of thousands of cities thuout the world which have been affected by a mysterious trend toward warmer climate in the last two decades” – Chicago Tribune
· 1939 - "Gaffers who claim that winters were harder when they were boys are quite right… weather men have no doubt that the world at least for the time being is growing warmer” – Washington Post
· 1952 - "…we have learned that the world has been getting warmer in the last half century” – New York Times, August 10th, 1962<http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EF6345A107B93C2A81783D85F468585F9&scp=1&sq=%22has+been+getting+warmer+in+the+last+half+century%22&st=p>
· 1954 - "…winters are getting milder, summers drier. Glaciers are receding, deserts growing” – U.S. News and World Report
· 1954 - Climate – the Heat May Be Off – Fortune Magazine
· 1959 - "Arctic Findings in Particular Support Theory of Rising Global Temperatures” – New York Times
· 1969 - "…the Arctic pack ice is thinning and that the ocean at the North Pole may become an open sea within a decade or two” – New York Times, February 20th, 1969<http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F40A11FC3959147493C2AB1789D85F4D8685F9&scp=1&sq=%22Arctic+pack+ice+is+thinning+and+that+the+ocean+at+the%22&st=p>
· 1969 – "If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000? — Paul Ehrlich (while he now predicts doom from global warming, this quote only gets honorable mention, as he was talking about his crazy fear of overpopulation)
· 1970 - "…get a good grip on your long johns, cold weather haters – the worst may be yet to come…there’s no relief in sight” – Washington Post
· 1974 - Global cooling for the past forty years – Time Magazine
· 1974 - "Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age” –Washington Post
· 1974 - "As for the present cooling trend a number of leading climatologists have concluded that it is very bad news indeed” – Fortune magazine, who won a Science Writing Award from the American Institute of Physics for its analysis of the danger
· 1974 - "…the facts of the present climate change are such that the most optimistic experts would assign near certainty to major crop failure…mass deaths by starvation, and probably anarchy and violence” – New York Times
Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age
· 1975 - Scientists Ponder Why World’s Climate is Changing; A Major Cooling Widely Considered to Be Inevitable – New York Times, May 21st, 1975<http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F50B1FFD395D137B93C3AB178ED85F418785F9&scp=1&sq=%22Scientists+Ponder+Why+World%92s+Climate+is+Changing%22&st=p>
· 1975 - "The threat of a new ice age must now stand alongside nuclear war as a likely source of wholesale death and misery for mankind” Nigel Calder, editor, New Scientist magazine, in an article in International Wildlife Magazine
· 1976 - "Even U.S. farms may be hit by cooling trend” – U.S. News and World Report
· 1981 - Global Warming – "of an almost unprecedented magnitude” – New York Times
· 1988 - I would like to draw three main conclusions. Number one, the earth is warmer in 1988 than at any time in the history of instrumental measurements. Number two, the global warming is now large enough that we can ascribe with a high degree of confidence a cause and effect relationship to the greenhouse effect. And number three, our computer climate simulations indicate that thegreenhouse effect is already large enough to begin to effect the probability of extreme events such as summer heat waves. – Jim Hansen, June 1988 testimony<http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-files/Environment/documents/2008/06/23/ClimateChangeHearing1988.pdf> before Congress, see His later quote<http://butnowyouknow.net/those-who-fail-to-learn-from-history/climate-change-timeline/#hype> andHis superior’s objection<http://butnowyouknow.net/those-who-fail-to-learn-from-history/climate-change-timeline/#horror> for context
· 1989 -"On the one hand, as scientists we are ethically bound to the scientific method, in effect promising to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but – which means that we must include all doubts, the caveats, the ifs, ands and buts. On the other hand, we are not just scientists but human beings as well. And like most people we’d like to see the world a better place, which in this context translates into our working to reduce the risk of potentially disastrous climate change. To do that we need to get some broad based support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, means getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we might have. This "double ethical bind” we frequently find ourselves in cannot be solved by any formula. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest. I hope that means being both.” – Stephen Schneider, lead author of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change,Discover magazine, October 1989
· 1990 - "We’ve got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing – in terms of economic policy and environmental policy” – Senator Timothy Wirth
· 1993 - "Global climate change may alter temperature and rainfall patterns, many scientists fear, with uncertain consequences for agriculture.” – U.S. News and World Report
· 1998 - No matter if the science [of global warming] is all phony . . . climate change [provides] the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world.” —Christine Stewart, Canadian Minister of the Environment, Calgary Herald, 1998
· 2001 - "Scientists no longer doubt that global warming is happening, and almost nobody questions the fact that humans are at least partly responsible.” – Time Magazine, Monday, Apr. 09, 2001<http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,999630,00.html>
· 2003 - Emphasis on extreme scenarios may have been appropriate at one time, when the public and decision-makers were relatively unaware of the global warming issue, and energy sources such as "synfuels,” shale oil and tar sands were receiving strong consideration” – Jim Hansen, NASA Global Warming activist, Can we defuse The Global Warming Time Bomb?<http://naturalscience.com/ns/articles/01-16/ns_jeh6.html>, 2003
· 2006 - "I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are, and how hopeful it is that we are going to solve this crisis.” — Al Gore, Grist magazine, May 2006<http://www.grist.org/news/maindish/2006/05/09/roberts/index.html>
· 2006 – "It is not a debate over whether the earth has been warming over the past century. The earth is always warming or cooling, at least a few tenths of a degree…” —Richard S. Lindzen, the Alfred P. Sloan professor of meteorology at MIT
· 2006 – "What we have fundamentally forgotten is simple primary school science. Climate always changes. It is always…warming or cooling, it’s never stable. And if it were stable, it would actually be interesting scientifically because it would be the first time for four and a half billion years.” —Philip Stott, emeritus professor of bio-geography at the University of London
· 2006 - "Since 1895, the media has alternated between global cooling and warming scares during four separate and sometimes overlapping time periods. From 1895 until the 1930’s the media peddled a coming ice age. From the late 1920’s until the 1960’s they warned of global warming. From the 1950’s until the 1970’s they warned us again of a coming ice age. This makes modern global warming the fourth estate’s fourth attempt to promote opposing climate change fears during the last 100 years.” –Senator James Inhofe<http://epw.senate.gov/speechitem.cfm?party=rep&id=263759>, Monday, September 25, 2006
· 2007- "I gave a talk recently (on fallacies of global warming) and three members of the Canadian government, the environmental cabinet, came up afterwards and said, ‘We agree with you, but it’s not worth our jobs to say anything.’ So what’s being created is a huge industry with billions of dollars of government money and people’s jobs dependent on it.” – Dr. Tim Ball, Coast-to-Coast, Feb 6, 2007
· 2008 – "Hansen was never muzzled even though he violated NASA’s official agency position on climate forecasting (i.e., we did not know enough to forecast climate change or mankind’s effect on it). Hansen thus embarrassed NASA by coming out with his claims of global warming in 1988 in his testimony before Congress” – Dr. John S. Theon, retired Chief of the Climate Processes Research Program atNASA, see above for Hansen quotes
Section updated by Anthony:
· 2009 – Climate change: melting ice will trigger wave of natural disasters. Scientists at a London conference next week will warn of earthquakes, avalanches and volcanic eruptions as the atmosphere heats up and geology is altered. Even Britain could face being struck by tsunamis – "Not only are the oceans and atmosphere conspiring against us, bringing baking temperatures, more powerful storms and floods, but the crust beneath our feet seems likely to join in too,” – Professor Bill McGuire, director of the Benfield Hazard Research Centre, at University College London, – The Guardian, Sep 2009<http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2009/sep/06/global-warming-natural-disasters-conference>.
· 2010 – What Global Warming Looks Like. It was more than 5°C (about 10°F) warmer than climatology in the eastern European region including Moscow. There was an area in eastern Asia that was similarly unusually hot. The eastern part of the United States was unusually warm, although not to the degree of the hot spots in Eurasia. James Hansen – NASA GISS, August 11, 2010<http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2010july/>.
· 2011 – Where Did Global Warming Go? "In Washington, ‘climate change’ has become a lightning rod, it’s a four-letter word,” said Andrew J. Hoffman, director of the University of Michigan’s Erb Institute for Sustainable Development. – New York Times, Oct 15, 2011.<http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/sunday-review/whatever-happened-to-global-warming.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0>
· 2012 – Global warming close to becoming irreversible-scientists. "This is the critical decade. If we don’t get the curves turned around this decade we will cross those lines,” said Will Steffen, executive director of the Australian National University’s climate change institute, speaking at a conference in London. Reuters, Mar 26, 2012<http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/26/us-climate-thresholds-idUSBRE82P0UJ20120326>
· 2013 – Global-warming ‘proof’ is evaporating. The 2013 hurricane season just ended as one of the five quietest years since 1960. But don’t expect anyone who pointed to last year’s hurricanes as "proof” of the need to act against global warming to apologize; the warmists don’t work that way. New York Post, Dec 5, 2013<http://nypost.com/2013/12/05/global-warming-proof-is-evaporating/>
· 2014 – Climate change: It’s even worse than we thought. Five years ago, the last report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change painted a gloomy picture of our planet’s future. As climate scientists gather evidence for the next report, due in 2014, Michael Le Page gives seven reasons why things are looking even grimmer. –New Scientist<http://www.newscientist.com/special/worse-climate> (undated in 2014)
(See here for the parent piece to this.)
There was also this courageous guy, mentioned in the book "Exodus 1947."
"Later in the book, Ms. Gruber also mentions John Stanley Grauel, a Protestant minister who was a crew member and supposedly a "neutral observer," who sailed on the ship from Baltimore, through the Atlantic storms to Europe and a British Royal Marine boarding (where they killed three people) to arrive with them in Haifa. He later gave testimony to a commission and to Ms. Gruber."
End of Quote
Rev. Grauel was an American Protestant minister who fought antisemitism and was a fervent Christian Zionist. He was actually sworn in as a member of the Haganah, the Jewish underground army (they swore him in on a New Testament out of respect for his faith). He briefly left the "Exodus" ship and was a Haganah courier in France, his Christian cleric's robes averting all suspicion. Years later, after first being buried in New Jersey, his body was transfered to a cemetery for Righteous Gentiles just outside the walls of the Old C:ity of Jerusalem. I have a hard to find copy of his autobiography
FAKE NEWS: ABC’s Matthew Dowd Tweets On Muslim Persecution By ‘Christian Extremists’
By Steve Berman | May 12, 2017, 05:00pm
Just to review: Dowd claimed that the growing persecution of Christians around the globe < persecution of Muslims in America and around the globe. And to support this claim, he offered no evidence.
Obviously, a tweet of such monumental insensitivity and stupidity by someone who should know better garnered quite a bit of attention online.
Jay Caruso of RedState challenged the poor fact-challenged Dowd.
Roving bands of "Christian extremists” patrol the streets hunting Muslims and murdering them in cold blood, eh? They shout "Praise Jesus!” as they behead women and children in mosques, right?
END OF QUOTE
See the entire article (which is difficult to copy because of the inbedded Tweet by Matthew Dowd, listed multiple times, and the replies to its outrageous statement). Dowd is a "True Believer," in the sense that Eric Hoffer wrote about in his classic book.
The link, once again, is http://theresurgent.com/fake-news-abcs-matthew-dowd-tweets-on-muslim-persecution-by-christian-extremists/
This guy lived (or lives) diagonally across the street from me. I didn't see any press hanging around his door today as I did two years ago.
The Amtrak engineer at the controls during the 2015 derailment in Philadelphia that left eight passengers dead and hundreds injured was criminally charged Friday with multiple counts including causing or risking a catastrophe.
Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro announced charges against engineer Brandon Bostian this week exactly two years to the day after Amtrak 188 derailed in Philly en route to New York City from Washington, D.C., killing eight people onboard and injuring over 200 others.
Mr. Bostian, 33, faces one count of involuntary manslaughter for each fatality as well as causing or risking a catastrophe, a second-degree felony that carries a maximum punishment of 10 years behind bars, prosecutors said Friday.
"I commend our outstanding team in the Office of the Attorney General who worked diligently and thoughtfully around the clock to enable us to be in this position to pursue justice on behalf of the victims of this deadly crash,” Mr. Shapiro said in a statement.
Federal investigators have determined the May 2015 derailment occurred after its engineer became distracted, lost situational awareness and accelerated the train to 106 mph on a curve that has a 50 mph speed limit.
33 queries taking 0.1578 seconds, 105 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.